Dexter Avenue King Memorial baptist Church & The Dexter Avenue Parsonage Museum

The Dexter Parsonage Museum: Martin Luther King reading in library Museum

The Dexter Parsonage Museum, historic home to twelve pastors of the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church from 1920-1992, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. It was restored in 2003 by the Dexter Avenue King Memorial Foundation, Inc., under the direction of church members, acting as an Authentication Committee.

Board of Directors
Dexter Avenue King Memorial Foundation, Inc.

Thomas McPherson, Jr., Vice-President
Samuel Munnerlyn, Secretary
Lawrence Cole, Jr., Treasurer

Wanda Brown Anderson

Sharon Jordan

Dr. Clayborne Carson

Joseph J. Levin, Jr.

Doris D. Crenshaw

Purser L. “Mac” McLeod

Nimrod T. Frazer

Gordon G. Martin

Consuello “Connie” Harper

Yvette Smiley-Smith

C. W. Holloway

Dr. Lee H. Warner

W. Daniel Hughes, Jr.

Dr. Laurie J. Weil

Mike Jenkins

Courtney Williams, Esq.


The Authentication Committee

Judge Vanzetta Penn McPherson, Chairman

John Feagin, Sr.

Hattie Dixon Minter

Lynn Smiley Hampton

Samuel Munnerlyn

C. W. Holloway

R. D. Nesbitt, Jr.

Percy King

Mary Lucy Williams

Myrtle Jones

Agatha Windsor

Richard S. Jordan, Jr.

Dr. Caroline Yelding

Thomas McPherson, Jr.