legacy-buildingSince 1877, Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church has been a symbol of respect, blessings, and service.

There has been a constant challenge to accommodate tourism and Church activities, and with this 6,330 square foot addition by architects Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood (along with Russell Construction) was the first expansion since its initial construction. The Dexter King Memorial Legacy Center includes space for administrative and educational requirements, contributing to the growth and enhancement of the Legacy. It is an active meeting space and can accommodate 150 people with space for eight (12 ft x 14 ft) private areas.